Usherpa Blog - Six things you can do to turn a happy customer into your biggest promoter
If you want to get more referrals from your customers, closing a deal shouldn't be the end of your relationship, it should be the beginning. Here are six ways you can build a better relationship with your customers and turn them into your number one referral source.
1. Understand the importance of retaining customers. Studies show it costs five to seven times more to acquire new customers than to retain existing ones.
2. Set customer expectations from the start. Make it clear from the beginning what you’ll do, when you’ll do it and how much it will cost. Ideally, set expectations lower than you can provide: “under promise and over deliver.”
3. Become their trusted adviser. Tell clients about emerging challenges and trends. Put their interests first, and always give unbiased advice. Even if it doesn’t mean more income immediately, it could earn a customer for life.
4. Focus on shared values. What customers see as important—service, quality, and profitability—are often the same things that are important to you. Find what those shared values are.
5. Go the extra mile. Going above and beyond what’s expected cements customer relationships. Be proactive. Look for ways to prevent problems. Deliver something extra.
6. Stay in touch. Today there are so many ways to reach customers that there is no excuse not to. Blog, email or post on social media. Pick channels appropriate to your audience. Only do what you have time for. And don’t forget to pick up the phone. Personal contact is still the most powerful way to maintain a relationship!